Johnston-Willis Hospital, Richmond, Va.
|Title:||Card Title: Johnston-Willis Hospital, Richmond, Va.|
James Branch Cabell Library. Special Collections and Archives, contributor
VCU Libraries, publisher
E.C. Kropp Co., Milwaukee, printer
|Type of Resource:||still image|
|Other Date:||No published or copyright date listed on postcard.|
File Number: post224.jpg (file number)
CONTENTdm ID: postcard/id/658 (CONTENTdm ID)
Card Text: The Johnston-Willis Hospital was organized in 1909 and was located on the corner of Franklin and Sixth Streets. In 1923, the hospital moved into its present modern buildings on the corner of Kensington and Colonial Avenues, in the heart of Richmond's residential section. Here spacious grounds and an outlook over the gardens of the Battle Abbey make the location ideal.
Series No. 31226 N; The building was designed by Richmond architect Marcellus E. Wright, Sr. (1881-1962). It was renovated in 2000 to become the Kensington Court apartment building.
Postmarked: Not postmarked.
Geographic Coverage: Richmond (Va.)
Historic buildings -- Virginia -- Richmond
Richmond (Va.) -- History -- 20th century
Richmond (Va.) -- Pictorial works
Richmond (Va.) -- Postcards
|Rights:||This material is in the public domain in the United States and thus is free of any copyright restriction. Acknowledgement of Virginia Commonwealth University Libraries as a source is requested.|
|Rights Statement:||No Copyright - United States|
|Rights Statement URL:||https://rightsstatements.org/vocab/NoC-US/1.0/|
|Is Part Of:||Collection: Rarely Seen Richmond: Early twentieth century Richmond as seen through vintage postcards.|