All Saints Episcopal Church, (Franklin St.), Richmond, Va.
|Title:||Card Title: All Saints Episcopal Church, (Franklin St.), Richmond, Va.|
James Branch Cabell Library. Special Collections and Archives, contributor
VCU Libraries, publisher
Southern Bargain House, Richmond, Va., printer
|Type of Resource:||still image|
|Other Date:||No published or copyright date listed on postcard.|
File Number: post589.jpg (file number)
CONTENTdm ID: postcard/id/562 (CONTENTdm ID)
Card Text: This handsome French Gothic building was completed in Jan. 1901, and takes the place of a much more modest house of worship, which the progressive congregation found too small for its purposes. The present building has a seating capacity of about 1000, and contains a number of beautiful memorial windows; those in the chancel, illustrating the Te Deum, being especially worthy of mention.
The building was demolished in 1963 and replaced with the Berkshire Apartment Building; located on the 300 block of West Franklin Street; Beautiful and Historical Richmond, Va. Series No. 3-D;
Postmarked: Not postmarked.
Geographic Coverage: Richmond (Va.)
Historic buildings -- Virginia -- Richmond
Richmond (Va.) -- History -- 20th century
Richmond (Va.) -- Pictorial works
Richmond (Va.) -- Postcards
|Rights:||This material is in the public domain in the United States and thus is free of any copyright restriction. Acknowledgement of Virginia Commonwealth University Libraries as a source is requested.|
|Rights Statement:||No Copyright - United States|
|Rights Statement URL:||https://rightsstatements.org/vocab/NoC-US/1.0/|
|Is Part Of:||Collection: Rarely Seen Richmond: Early twentieth century Richmond as seen through vintage postcards.|