University of Virginia, Richmond, Va. [University of Richmond]
|Title:||Card Title: University of Virginia, Richmond, Va. [University of Richmond].|
James Branch Cabell Library. Special Collections and Archives, contributor
VCU Libraries, publisher
Gray Line Motor Tours, Richmond, Va., printer
|Type of Resource:||still image|
|Other Date:||No published or copyright date listed on postcard.|
File Number: post640.jpg (file number)
CONTENTdm ID: postcard/id/130 (CONTENTdm ID)
Card Text: University of Richmond -- Founded in 1832, for the first eighty years of its history the University of Richmond was known as 'Richmond College.' In 1920, its charter was amended and its present name adopted. Its grounds now embrace an area of nearly 300 acres about three miles west of the city, and possesses many features of great natural beauty. It is organized on the English system, and has a faculty of 60 members and an attendance (in 1926) of nearly 1,250 students. Since 1903 Frederick W. Boatwright, L.L.D. has been its President, and under his able administration the institution has shown remarkable growth and development.
This postcard is part of a fold out set of postcards entitled 'Souvenir of Richmond, Va.' dating from the 1920s.
Postmarked: Not postmarked.
Geographic Coverage: Richmond (Va.)
Historic buildings -- Virginia -- Richmond
Richmond (Va.) -- History -- 20th century
Richmond (Va.) -- Pictorial works
Richmond (Va.) -- Postcards
|Rights:||This material is in the public domain in the United States and thus is free of any copyright restriction. Acknowledgement of Virginia Commonwealth University Libraries as a source is requested.|
|Rights Statement:||No Copyright - United States|
|Rights Statement URL:||https://rightsstatements.org/vocab/NoC-US/1.0/|
|Is Part Of:||Collection: Rarely Seen Richmond: Early twentieth century Richmond as seen through vintage postcards.|