Medical College of Va. Marshall & College Sts. Richmond, Va.
|Title:||Card Title: Medical College of Va. Marshall & College Sts. Richmond, Va.|
James Branch Cabell Library. Special Collections and Archives, contributor
VCU Libraries, publisher
Louis Kaufmann & Sons, Baltimore, MD., printer
|Type of Resource:||still image|
|Other Date:||No published or copyright date listed on postcard.|
File Number: post533.jpg (file number)
CONTENTdm ID: postcard/id/510 (CONTENTdm ID)
Card Text: Situated on Marshall and College Streets, on an eminence overlooking Shockoe Creek. It was established in 1838. The main building is a rare example of the ancient Egyptian order of architecture and has attracted much attention. Recognizing the great need of surgeons for armies in the field, its courses were continued without interruption during the whole of the Civil War. Many of the most eminent physicians and surgeons of the South were graduated from this institution.
Now part of Virginia Commonwealth University; Series No. 38.
Geographic Coverage: Richmond (Va.)
Historic buildings -- Virginia -- Richmond
Richmond (Va.) -- History -- 20th century
Richmond (Va.) -- Pictorial works
Richmond (Va.) -- Postcards
|Rights:||This material is in the public domain in the United States and thus is free of any copyright restriction. Acknowledgement of Virginia Commonwealth University Libraries as a source is requested.|
|Rights Statement:||No Copyright - United States|
|Rights Statement URL:||https://rightsstatements.org/vocab/NoC-US/1.0/|
|Is Part Of:||Collection: Rarely Seen Richmond: Early twentieth century Richmond as seen through vintage postcards.|